JOB TITLE: Community Umbrella Agency (CUA) Case Manager
REPORTS TO: CUA Case Manager Supervisor
JOB STATUS: Full-Time
The CUA case manager provides on-going direct service support to assigned children/families ensuring the development and implementation of comprehensive delivery plans based on team assessments of client’s needs. The case manager will also assist families in developing parenting practices and skills that reduce safety risks and enhance ability to provide a nurturing environment for children. Will work on-call status according to program needs. Regular travel required.
The CUA case manager must have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field including but not limited to sociology, psychology, counseling, criminal justice, education, divinity, or public health administration.
Minimum of two (2) years case management experience involving youth.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use own vehicle when other means of transportation is not available.
- Must be free from any communicable/infectious diseases.
- Provide a valid PA child abuse clearance, FBI check and Criminal Background Check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Conducts intakes and provides assessments to determine the needs of the families.
- Provides home, school and community visits to assess needs and assists in accessing resources.
- Develops a comprehensive service plan.
- Facilitates access to additional resources, as needed.
- Provides team collaboration with other components of youth and family services.
- Creates and maintains client files and completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Provides on-call services, as requested.
- Provides written and/or oral reports to the Department of Human Services and Family court, as needed.
- Participates in required training.
- Participated in supervision.
- Performs additional job duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of child welfare services issues, child and family service systems and social work values.
- Ability to analyze and interpret professional and governing regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, children and families, customers and the general public.
- Required skill level to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex situations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and basic computer applications.
CM Expertise Assessment Skills Relationship Management
Ethical Practice Cultural Awareness Communication Skills
Advocacy Organized/Time-Management Professional Development