Position: RESOURCE PARENT SUPPORT WORKER
Job Location: 57 E. Armat Street
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Status: Exempt – 40 Hours per week
The Resource Parent Support Worker (RPSW) is dedicated to supporting Specialized Behavioral Health (SBH) Resource Parents (RP) with SBH level youth only. SBH RPSW’s are assigned to assist the SBH Resource Parents to help them achieve and support the well-being, stability, and permanency of the SBH youth in care. This includes providing direct support to the SBH Resource Parent to help them successfully meet the needs of the SBH child or youth through the provision of supports and activities in home and community settings. Hours are from 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday, but may vary according to departmental needs. Regular travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Humans Services or closely related field.
- One year of experience working within child, youth and family service systems.
- Organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of PA Code 55 3680’s 3700’s and the Philadelphia DHS SBH Scope of service.
- Ability to achieve desired performance outcomes.
- Required skill level to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex situations.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict, and reamin calm and respectful in dealing with differences in perspectives/opinions.
- Microsoft Word and basic computer applications.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use own vehicle when other means of
transportation is not available.
- Provide a valid PA child abuse clearance, FBI check and Criminal Background Check.
Interested candidates should send a resume with letter of interest to: email@example.com