Position: SUPERVISED INDEPENDTLY LIVING CASE MANAGER
Job Location: 57 E. Armat Street
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Status: Exempt – 40 Hours per week
The Supervised Independent Living (SIL) Case Manager provides support and direction for youth. Develops individualized life skills program for each youth. Demonstrate and teach skills what is necessary for youth to live independently. Locates appropriate community resources and establishes links. Advocates on behalf of youth. Implements service plans relative to emancipation. Coordinates ancillary services with the youth. Acts as a resource to Tabor staff regarding adolescent/independent living issues. Hours are from 9am – 5pm Monday through Friday, but may vary according to organizational needs. Regular travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field.
- Two years of experience working with youth and families specifically with population being served.
- Organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of PA Code 55 3680’s 3700’s and the Philadelphia DHS SBH Scope of service.
- Ability to achieve desired performance outcomes.
- Required skill level to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of complex situations.
- Ability to deal effectively with conflict, and reamin calm and respectful in dealing with differences in perspectives/opinions.
- Microsoft Word and basic computer applications.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use own vehicle when other means of
transportation is not available.
- Provide a valid PA child abuse clearance, FBI check and Criminal Background Check.