Position Title: Manager, Communications & Development
Position Level: Mid-Level
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Position Location: Philadelphia
The Manager, Communications & Development position will oversee and execute the planning and day-to-day direction of the communications department to promote the Tabor Family of Companies programs, brand and activities as well as assist with the management of the organization’s fundraising and development strategies. More specifically, responsibilities include but are not limited to: coordinating activities in the areas of public relations, marketing, fundraising, special events; assisting with legislature education and policy briefs and writing position papers/white papers that promote thought leadership; and offering executive team members’ support in grant submission processes. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer; and travel is required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in field of communications, public relations journalism or related field, with at least three years of direct experience in marketing, communications, grant writing and/or fundraising.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office Suite applications as well as basic mathematical ability. Bilingual Spanish/English capabilities are preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists CEO with preparation and coordination of educational briefs for legislative visits
- Develop and manage communication activities, including external communications (i.e. press releases etc.) as well as public relations efforts.
- Promotes and raises awareness of programs and general activities via print, web-based, social media platforms and/or other media outlets.
- Gathers and analyzes data with regard to website activity and provides recommendations to increase traffic.
- Writes and helps develop agency and program specific marketing materials for marketing campaigns
- Establishes and maintains key relationships with stakeholders and community organizations.
- Hire, train, actively manage and supervise direct reports.
- Serves as staff liaison to Program/Develop Committee on Board of Trustees.
- Assists with the development and submission of grant proposals.
- Conduct relevant communications/brand trainings for Tabor staff
- Assist with the planning and execution of fundraising and community events
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates on board designated committees, as needed
- Provides presentations to external stakeholders, board and staff, as needed
- Assists/support Senior Leadership Team members as designated by CEO
Interested candidates should send a resume with letter of interest to: Sheila Brown, Human Resources Generalist at email@example.com.