Community Umbrella Agency (CUA)
STRENGTHENING FAMILIES COORDINATOR
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Full-time
Reports to: Intervention Supervisor
Job Location: 57 E. Armat Street, Philadelphia, PA 19144
The Strengthening Families Coordinator utilizes the Strengthening Families research based strategy to enhance child development and reduce child abuse and neglect. The Coordinator will work to develop and enhance protective factors, and promote healthy outcomes. The Coordinator will utilize this evidenced-informed approach to promote the Improving Outcomes of Children (IOC) vision. Promote social connections by using community-based emphasis to enhance protective factors for children and families. As an essential member of the CUA team, the Coordinator encourages participants to make “small but significant change” in everyday actions. The Strengthening Families Coordinator also organizes and facilitates “Parent Cafés” which address social isolation and provides an opportunity for peer education and support. Flexibility is required as evening and weekend work is necessary. Regular travel is required for this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field including but not limited to sociology, psychology, counseling, criminal justice, education, divinity or public health administration
- One year or more experience working in social services, education, health care or related field
- Ability to build positive relationships through the coordination and engagement community members, groups, stakeholders or any combination
- Culturally sensitive to the needs and diversities of multi-cultural communities
- Strong organizational skills/must be accurate and detail oriented
- Practice good customer service skills
- Experience facilitating public meetings and other public forums
- Valid driver’s license and ability to use own vehicle
Interested candidates may apply online or send a resume with letter of interest to:
Sheila Brown, Human Resources Generalist, email: sheila.brown @ taborcp.org.